As a SCB regulated firm, we adhere to strict rules concerning our conduct of business, financial adequacy and treating customers fairly.
Securities Commission of the Bahamas (SCB)
Capital Index (Global) Ltd. (Capital Index) is authorised and regulated by the Securities Commission of the Bahamas (SCB), registration number SIA-F199-02, and we are obliged to follow the guidelines set out by the SCB under the Securities Industry Regulations (SIR) and any other applicable acts and regulations. We adhere to strict and rigorous regulatory requirements, segregation of client funds and treating customers fairly. For more information about our regulation please visit the Securities Commission of the Bahamas website.
Segregation of Funds
All client funds deposited with Capital Index are fully segregated from the company's own capital and deposited into separate bank accounts with Tier 1 credit institutions in the United Kingdom. The SIR rules require Capital Index to ensure a clear segregation between money belonging to clients and money that belongs to the firm. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, money belonging to clients will be excluded from our assets.
As a regulated firm, we are required to have a complaints handling procedure in the event that clients wish to express their dissatisfaction. We will investigate any complaint thoroughly in accordance with our complaint handling procedures and will provide a full response and explanation to any complaint we receive. All our staff receives training on how to handle complaints and you can be sure any problem you raise will be taken seriously.
Most complaints are resolved at an early stage, but if we are unable to satisfy your concerns you may be able to refer your case to the SCB. You should only approach the SCB if we have already provided you with a Final Response or have failed to do so by the time prescribed in our complaints handling procedure. For more information about our complaints policy please read our Complaints Procedure.
Treating Customers Fairly
One of the cornerstones of the SCB regulations is embodied in ensuring fair and equitable dealings. At Capital Index we are committed to ensuring that the SCB principle of treating customers fairly is applied in all aspects of our business activities. We recognise that the fair treatment of our customers is about adding value to the service we offer. To ensure that we are continuously providing our customers with a valuable service we aspire to:
- Protect the interests of our customers in all areas of our dealings with them and at each stage of the product lifecycle, from promotion right through to after-sales service.
- Meet the needs of each customer by offering a transparent and professional service, and to constantly review our service to identify areas where we can improve it.
- Only suggest products that are suitable for the client after sufficiently acquainting ourselves of the client’s circumstances.
- Provide accurate, complete and timely communications.
- Ask for and listen to feedback and place the client’s interests first.
- Provide clear information about the products and services we offer, including any associated fees and charges.
- Ensure that all financial promotions are clear, fair and not misleading.
- Ensure all customers have been advised of the risks inherent in CFD trading.
- Ensure complaints are assessed fairly and impartially and handled professionally.
How you can help us
To help us provide you with the highest possible standards of service, we kindly request you to:
- Keep us informed of any changes to your personal circumstances including work or home contact details.
- Let us know if there is any aspect of our service or product that you don’t fully understand.
- Tell us if you think there are ways we can improve our service.
Start trading in 3 easy steps
Apply for a trading account
Fund your live trading account
Start your trading journey